Each Painter is required to submit (1) finished work (PDF Form).
Each Graphic Artist is required to submit (2) finished works.
Each Photographer is required to submit (5) edited photos.
In solidarity with our global community of artists, we will award $2000 apiece to 6 artists, who have been selected by our jury of experts. These artworks will be distributed primarily digitally.
Please save a layered file with text that can be changed, for both translations, and updated language as the campaign evolves.
All art selected by our jury will also be made available as free downloads for anyone to print and share. The submission deadline is November 3, 2022.
All submissions must be original works, not in conjunction with any other pre-existing project or commission.
Please include a statement about the artwork that is 100 words or less. Selected/winning artists will be required to submit two format versions of their design, vertical and horizontal.
Required Low-Resolution Artwork Specifications for Uploading to the CHROMATIC BLACK site for submission/entry to the Open Call:
- Vertical orientation
- Raster/flat file formats – JPG, PNG
- Low-resolution version
- 150dpi and no more than 2mb
- Selected artists will be asked to submit high-resolution files upon licensing
Required Final Artwork Specifications for Selected Winners:
- Artwork should be created as VERTICAL orientation:
- 18×24 inches (5400px x 7200px) + .25” bleed for printing
- High resolution – vector/layered files as applicable, at least 300 PPI for raster files
- Acceptable file formats: TIF, JPG, EPS, AI, PDF, PSD
- Ideal file formats: AI, PSD, and TIF
- CMYK color profile preferred
- Artwork created in RGB is subject to color shifts when printed
Horizontal Orientation (OPTIONAL)
- Artwork should be created as HORIZONTAL orientation:
- 24×13.5 inches (7200px x 4050px) + .25” bleed for printing
- High resolution – vector/layered files as applicable, at least 300 PPI for raster file
“Disrupt the Master Narrative”
WE believe that the foundation of world – building is storytelling. We ARE THE STORIES WE TELL OURSELVES. We believe that future literacy is a skill for us to prepare for the future better + to invent + to adapt. Looking to the future is similar to looking to the past- it needs to be framed in a STORY to help us make sense of it.
“Keep Black Love Alive”
KBLA is a national campaign designed to combat misinformation, disinformation, medical distrust & vaccine hesitancy in African American communities.
A collective of 10,000+ artist activists across a spectrum of artistic disciplines.Our vision is the reclamation of STORY as a public common. Our mission is to disrupt the master narrative with good storytelling.